Hello, I am comprising (is that a word, and if it is, did I use it right?) a list of my favourite music of 2016. I just realized that makes it sound like all these songs were released in 2016 and they were not, I just listened to them a lot in 2016.
Be prepared for a lot of twenty one pilots and Fall Out Boy.
Let’s get started
This is in no specific order.
1. Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Wouldn’t Get Sued, Fall Out Boy
Yes, the name of this song is ridiculous. That is why I love it so much.
2. The Judge, twenty one pilots
I have listened to this song more times than I can count. In fact, I am listening to it as I write this.
4. The Fault In Our Stars, Troye Sivan
Troye Sivan is a youtuber turned musician. He is one of my favourite artists and I love this song.
5. Primadonna, Marina And The Diamonds
I have awkwardly lip-synced to this song more than I’d care to admit.
6. The Bureau, Gerard Way
The album this song came was a recent discovery for me, recommended by a friend just a month or so ago, and so far I’ve been enjoying what I’ve heard.
7. The Reckless And The Brave, All Time Low
I found this when I was listening to Green Day and didn’t realize auto play was on earlier this year.
8. Final song, MØ
I’m going to stop trying to come up with creative things to say about the songs because it’s not working.
9. Cold Water, Major Lazer
This song has Justin Bieber in it, therefore; I am ashamed I love it so much.
10. Tear In My Heart, twenty one pilots
I will admit that when I went to youtube to get the link for this, I blasted it and jumped around.
11. Twin Skeletons (Hotel in NYC), Fall Out Boy
I really did try to resist putting repeats of artists in this list…
12. Guns For Hands, Twenty One Pilots
You’re lucky I’m not putting every single song of all of my favourite artists.
12. Citizen Erased, Muse
I have an unhealthy obsession with Muse…
13. FOOLS, Troye Sivan
♫only fools fall for you♫
14. Northern Downpour, Panic! At The Disco
This song is very awesome and I am mildly to severely obsessed with it depending on the day.
15. To Build A Home, The Cinematic Orchestra feat. Patrick Watson
To Build A Home is a very pretty and sad song with a beautiful selection of instruments. Patrick Watson, who is singing, is Canadian. #patrioticeh
16. Dust Bowl Dance, Mumford and Sons
I think this is going to be longer than I thought…
17. Sad Song, We The Kings
I saw a video of someone playing this on piano and I’ve been obsessed with it ever since.
18. Car Radio, twenty one pilots
19. History Maker, AmaLee
This a cover of the opening song to one of the best animes on earth: Yuri On Ice
20. YOUTH, Troye Sivan
I am tempted to list every Troye Sivan song ever.
21. Misery Business, Paramore
I showed my friend a picture of Paramore and asked her to tell me who it was. She said “girl Fall Out Boy”.
22. What A Catch, Donnie, Fall Out Boy
This will always be one of my favourite Fall Out Boy songs. It is amazingly heartfelt
23. HEAVEN, Troye Sivan
I wonder why Troye has a lot of all caps song titles?
24. American Beauty/American Psycho, Fall Out Boy
I’ve given up on my ‘no repeat artist’ rule.
25. Riptides, Vance Joy
This summer one of my brother’s friends played this on ukulele and it’s been stuck in my head ever since.
26. 20 Dollar Nose Bleed, Fall Out Boy feat. Brendon Urie
27. Kitchen Sink, twenty one pilots
This song is really deep, considering the title.
28. Bang The Doldrums, Fall Out Boy
I give up.
29. Thnks Fr The Mmrs, Fall Out Boy
Funny story behind the name of this song. Fall Out Boy fans wanted shorter song titles, so they removed all the vowels in this song.
30. The Ballad Of Mona Lisa, Panic! At The Disco
Oh god, this list is going to surpass thirty…
31. The Sound, The 1975
This song is so catchy!!!
32. She Kinda Hot, 5 Seconds Of Summer
33. 2 Heads, Coleman Hell
This has been stuck in my head for longer than should be possible.
33. Shut Up And Dance, Walk The Moon
DON’T YOU DARE LOOK BACK JUST KEEP YOUR EYES ON MEEEEEEEE
33. The Internet Is Here, Dan and Phil
The ultimate tol meme and smol bean made a song!!!
34. Hooked On A Feeling, Blue Swede
My brother made me discover this song and just no.
35. All Star, Smash Mouth
I’m ending this with a stale meme.
Well, that was an adventure and a half. I kinda zoned out half way through that and have no idea what just happened.
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share if you deem it worthy.